RECIPE 1 / JALAPENO HUMMUS


I love to snack just like everyone else, or maybe a little more than everyone else... so sometimes I like to make a snack I don't feel guilty about eating. Today after the gym, I made a quick batch of jalapeño hummus and Wil and I proceeded to devour it with some toasted blue corn tortillas. It was delicious and oh so simple to make, so I hope you'll give it a try! My jalapeño hummus recipe goes like this...



Ingredients:
1 can of organic chick peas, liquid drained  
1 ripe jalapeño, sliced (seeds included if you like spicy)
2 cloves of garlic, chopped 
juice of 1/2 a lemon
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
smoked sea salt ( I get mine at Trader Joe's)
fresh ground pepper
3 blue corn tortillas or pita bread, toasted & cut into chips

I add the chick peas, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, jalapeño, salt and pepper to the food processor and pulse for 1 -1 1/2 minutes until the hummus is very smooth. Then I take a small spatula, scrape the sides of the processor bowl and pulse the hummus some more until it has a creamy consistency.  

I transfer the hummus to a serving bowl drizzle it with some more olive oil, sprinkle sea salt and pepper and serve with blue corn tortilla chips fresh out of the toaster oven. I like to cut the blue corn tortilla chips into triangles because I think it looks pretty.  That's it! Pretty easy, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...